This is the time of year when I look at the calendar, realize Thanksgiving is only a week away (or less) and recognize that I am REALLY going to have to get on the ball. (The Butterball, lol jk I don't buy those.)
Today I sketched on a napkin the schedule for the next week.
- Friday – Buy everything I need for Thanksgiving
- Saturday – start to thaw the turkey – in the Fridge.
- Sunday – It's a day of rest
- Monday – Brine the Turkey (24 hours)
- To do this right I've bought huge 5 gallon ziplock bags. I can safely put the bird in the fridge in the brine for as long as it needs to go.
- Tuesday – Brine the Turkey.
- Wednesday – Prepare the special bread dough – Let it rise in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare and put the Turkey in the oven
- Melt the Cranberry Jelly and re-mold it in the fridge overnight. (any tips on doing this?)
- Boil the Eggs for Deviled Eggs. (Sit in Shell in fridge overnight)