This is the time of year when there is a real need to talk about the things that we're thankful for. The other day before I let the children eat Thanksgiving dinner we took a moment, as has become the family tradition, and we talked about the things we are thankful for. I was surprised. I knew I had great kids, the thing I hadn't fully realized is that I have children who know how to be thankful for things.
As I sat and each child took well over a minute to talk about the many things they were thankful for I considered an alternate family where the children expected the world on a silver platter, and didn't recognize how awesome each new thing is and how welcome the good things are to be in our lives.
I am thankful for a LOT of things, following is a not all inclusive list.
I am thankful for:
- Music – It calms me and reminds me to breathe.
- Humor – It may not always be reverant, but my sense of humor knows where I keep my smiles.
- Being a Father – They make me who I am, and I love teaching them who they want to be.
- Work – Having a job that allows me to walk in, do a miracle, and walk out is thrilling, and that I'm free to do miracles is incredible.
- Having been in the military – There are goods and bad's to it, but it's made me the kind of person I wouldn't have known I wanted to be.
- The Church I belong to – it helps in ways I have no words to explain.
- Having a home – Even if it's not what I dream about, it's a place where I can keep what's most important.
- Owning my car – Yay!
- My Education – So nice that I've been going to school for nearly 10 years… I love that I have something to show for it.
- The Vegan shake diet thing – I love that I can look in the mirror and not immediately say bad things about my body, and not getting sick is totally awesome!
- The future – I love the future, it always has so much potential!
What are you thankful for?
Are you a naturally thankful person?