I feel like a broken record, a broken record in a holding pattern. I see so much potential in the past, and in the future that the present feels like a quagmire.
Still do not have a concrete, know for sure I'm going to make it, move in for the new house. I know that I'm moving enough that I can pack, but not enough that I can start celebrating. (This is frustrating)
Things that I loved over this past week:
- Father's Day – The children make it special, I got a gift from an amazing someone and my parents remembered, which was enough to make the day stand out.
- Cooking a pot roast with the children (nearly from scratch) to make home made shredded beef taco's and burritos.
- Using the juice from the last pot roast to crock pot / BBQ a pot roast for shredded beef barbeque sloppy joes for Father's day. - The children could be heard to say "Wow this is good!!" and "WHO ATE THE LAST ONE!?!" (it was me)
- Watching the Sherlock "Game of Shadows" movie with the children. I'm amazed at how much story they pick up.
- Watching "Remington Steel" with the children. It's an old time (1980's) mystery show, but even the 4 year old watches it with avid interest, often solving the crimes before the plot reveals itself.
- Taking the children to the park. - Turns out that even if it is 106 degrees outside, you can still play in the park if you bring a spray bottle, (or 10) filled with water to keep the kids cool and more water bottles to drink than you can throw. It was nearly a water park by the time we left, but they had a blast! (And they got to play at the park despite it being summer in the desert.)
- Late night conversations.
- Took the children shopping with their birthday / tooth fairy / gift money. - This was incredible, they had a blast and were able to get something that made them feel how special they really are.
- Set further groundwork for a book.
How was your week?