Once upon a time I was quick to anger, and slow to understand. I’ve come a long way, and I keep progressing. I found a couple of pictures lately that echo my thoughts pretty accurately on these things.
I’m learning lessons I already knew, and some I could have figured out without a lot of thought. The lesson that it’s hot in the desert. (Yes, I may spend the next four months whining daily about that) A new lesson is that taking pictures during the day in the desert is near impossible… without shade, and it’s not like shade is growing on every … tree. (it is a desert after all, ever look for shade under a pine tree?)
Thank Heaven for special people, who make others feel special.
Today at Church the children got a worksheet, that was similar (but not exact) to this:
It says “My Dad is Awesome!”
- My Dad’s name is:
- My Dad is ___ tall.
- My Dad weighs:
- My Dad’s Hair Is _______ and eyes are ________
- When my Dad goes to work he:
- My Dad’s favorite drink is:
- My Dad’s favorite food is:
- My Dad’s favorite color is:
- Dad’s favorite thing to do:
- Dad’s favorite sport:
- My Favorite thing to do with my Dad:
- My Dad likes to go to:
- My Dad is awesome because:
Here are the answers the kids gave: (1 is the oldest, 2 the second, 3 the oldest girl, 4 the youngest girl.)
I’m totally skipping the first 3 questions, children don’t obviously know height, or weight. On the 4th question, they know that I have blue eyes, that’s universal, but they are all up in the air about my hair… is it blond, is it brown, or just dark? My youngest answered “Chainsaw” but I think that was to make her Brother laugh.
- When my Dad goes to work he: (1: stays home; 2: doesn’t; 3: (blank) 4: toot. (Again… I hope she was just being funny :-/ )
- My Dad’s favorite drink is: (1: Water; 2: water; 3: water, 4: Lemonade)
- My Dad’s favorite food is: (1: Buffalo Wings; 2: Steak; 3: Salad; 4: Spaghetti)
- My Dad’s favorite color is: (1,2,3: Blue; 4: White)
- Dad’s favorite thing to do: (1: Spend time with us; 2
- Dad’s favorite sport: (1, 2, 3: None; 4: nothing)
- My Favorite thing to do with my Dad: (1: Swim; 2: Play with him; 3: Cuddle together; 4: Drink Ice Cream)
- My Dad likes to go to: (1: Home; 2: Jumpstreet (indoor trampoline place) 3: Bed; 4: Sleep)
- My Dad is awesome because: (1: He just is; 2: He Just is; 3: He is nice; 4: He is sweet)